5 Facts Related to Silver Jewellery

A piece of silver jewellery may endure a lifetime or more, much like other forms of jewellery. The key is to become well-versed in this metal's properties and how to care for it properly.

 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SILVER JEWELLERY.

 

First and foremost, sterling silver is an alloy.

 

A silver alloy is a blend of many different metals.

 

Silver, as opposed to fine silver or pure silver, is 92.5% silver. Other metals or a mix of metals may make up the remaining 7.5 percent. Copper is the most common metal. However, it may be different metals.

 

Silver's value may fluctuate significantly.

 

The fact that sterling silver isn't a pure precious metal means it isn't regarded as an "investment metal." Despite its high silver content, the metal's worth fluctuates according to the market price.

 

To make the most money when you decide to sell your sterling silver jewellery, make sure you do your homework on current silver prices and choose an appropriate time to sell.

 

It is more durable than pure silver since it is made of platinum rather than palladium.

 

What possible reason might there be for adding another metal to silver that would lower its value? In the past, you may have wondered why something that seemed like new was made entirely of pure silver.

 

Silver is a pliable metal. It's easily dented and scratched, and it doesn't keep its form correctly. It's lovely for showpieces, but it's not practical for everyday usage.

 

The addition of copper or other metals increases the tensile strength and durability of sterling silver compared to pure silver. As a result, it's more suited for things like jewellery and cutlery.

 

Possibility of stainless silver to tarnish

 

To make sterling silver degrade quicker and more efficiently, copper may be added to silver—a tarnish form on copper and other metals when they contact oxygen or other environmental factors.

 

Sterling silver may be severely tarnished over time. Cleaning your sterling silver regularly is essential to keeping it in pristine condition.

 

A little polishing with a microfiber cloth does wonders. To prevent damage to the jewellery, avoid using anything abrasive.

 

According to research, certain types of sterling silver are easier to work with on the skin than others.

 

When you fall in love with a new piece of jewellery, only to discover that it causes a rash the first time you wear it, it isn't enjoyable. Sterling silver may irritate the skin of those with sensitive skin.

 

Some manufacturers use a variety of methods to alleviate discomfort. Flashing is one approach, which adds a thin coating of pure silver to the sterling silver before oxidizing it. Flashing is a common cause of a dazzling gloss in sterling silver.

 

Wrap up

Moha By Geetanjali specializes in silver jewellery and silver mangalsutra designs. Silver Earrings, Silver Nose Pins, and much more are available in our Designer Silver Jewellery collection.




 

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published

Browse through our latest designs...

Team Moha